At Micro Aerospace, we have involvement in a number of small satellite and space-based software development and flight projects. We are compliant with all NASA mission critical software requirements including NPR 7150.2A, NASA-STD 8719.13, and NASA-STD 8739.8.
Some of our spaceflight software development projects are:
- Prime flight software contractor for NASA Solar Sail TDM small satellite mission. Developing flight control software for the unique solar sail mission to NASA safety critical software requirements. Also developing ground control software.
- Shuttle and International Space Station EXPRESSRack experiments involving science experiment control, EXPRESSRack communication, astronaut GUI interfaces and ground control system software.
- Tablet PC-based situational awareness tool called the Virtual Camera. It is intended to be tested on Earth to determine how astronauts can take advantage of new computational tools to assist them when they begin exploring deep space including asteroids, the Moon and Mars.
- Control system software for a NASA space life sciences experiment that recently flew on the zero-gravity hyperbolic airplane September 2011 flight campaign. From receipt of contract until successful flight was two months.
We have over ten years of spaceflight software development experience and can tailor our software development to large or small scale projects. Our software developers have also developed embedded systems for a variety of terrestrial applications.
- Spacecraft C&DH and Subsystem Software
- Portable radiation Detection and Monitoring
- Embedded Computer System Development
- GPS Tracking with Satellite and GSM Systems
- Single Board Computers
- Wireless Sensor Systems
- Hardware / Software Integration
- Environmental Control Systems
- Data Collection and Display
- Small imaging Systems
- Graphical User Interfaces